ant-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: ANT for dummies
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 21:35:31 GMT
There are instructions on the Install page for how you set those
environmental variables[1][2][3], at least within a command shell.

If you want to set them up to be available across all command shells,
then that will depend on your operating system. You don't tell us which
operating system you are using, so it is difficult to know how to direct
you.You can look at Windows XP instructions[4] which largely apply to
Vista and Windows 7 as well[5], or if you are on a Macintosh you can
look at instructions for OS X using tcsh[6] or bash[7].

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#windows
[2] http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#bash
[3] http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#tcshcsh
[4] http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/environment.htm
[5]
http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/environment-variables-windows-vista-7.htm
[6] http://www.digitaledgesw.com/node/31
[7]
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-applications-games/87365-how-set-environment-variables.html

On 28/05/2010 7:41 PM, miranda raul wrote:
> Hi,
> First of all, I have to say that I am a not versed in computers. I need to install and
run a program called NESTEDMICA that requires ANT. The problem is... How in heaven can I install
ANT?  Just to get you an idea where my difficulties started, I couldn't set the environmental
variables JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME as required in the "Installing ANT" section of the manual.
Hopefully, someone is able and willing to sit for a good while and write a detailed procedure
to get this done.