ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: New ANT task coding guideline
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 15:30:47 GMT
Hello Shawn,

I hope some one has a useful answer for this.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:03:30 -0500
> Von: Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castrianni@halliburton.com>
> An: "\'Ant Users List\'" <user@ant.apache.org>
> Betreff: New ANT task coding guideline

> Therefore, I propose that a new ANT task coding guideline be introduced
> such that all setters (where applicable) check the incoming values for null
> or empty strings and behave as if the setter was never called.

Changing the behavior of ant to skip calling setters when the attributes are empty would not
be backward compatible. Maybe something like that could be done based on a magic property,
which would be unset by default ?

Regards,

Antoine