ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: Java system property
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 14:29:08 GMT
Thank you!!

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Antoine Levy-Lambert [mailto:antoine@gmx.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 19. Mai 2010 20:09
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: Re: Java system property

Hello Juergen,

here is what you can do :

- use the ANT_OPTS environment variable to set the system property before you start ant, ie
set ANT_OPTS="-Dfoo=bar" on Windows

- create a custom task to set a system property in a running VM,
(I thought we even had that in ant but I might have dreamt, I do not see it in the manual).
A former colleauge actually created such a task in the custom ant tasks library of my day
job

- set the system property using Javascript and the script task for instance before invoking
your task

Regards,

Antoine

-------- Original-Nachricht --------