ant-user mailing list archives

From Shilpa Kulkarni <shilp...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Information for user@ant.apache.org
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 00:13:35 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Just joined the ant mailing list. I am working on getting a build system set
up. It needs to  produce jdk 1.6.11 binaries. I see following options:

Option 1: Install jdk 1.6.0_11 on the build machine. So ant scripts will use
it by default. Problem: Not finding this version on web to download.

Option 2: Set build.compiler property to javac1.6. Problem: Here I do not
have the precision to specify 1.6.0_11. Not sure whether it will really
matter. Does anyone think it will matter?

Option 3: Do not set build.compiler property. Instead specify target="1.6"
to javac1.6. Problem: Again I do not have the precision to specify 1.6.0_11.

The build machine is dedicated for one project & will always use same
compiler version for all its builds. In this case is option 2 better than 3?

Is Option1 possible? Can someone help me get this jdk version please?

Shilpa