ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: where to download the latest ant-contrib-1.0b3.jar
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 06:05:40 GMT
There are two ways of declaring new tasks:
- with properties files
- with antlib.xml files: since Ant 1.6
With Ant 1.6 <macrodef> was introduced with the notion of @{localParameter}.
<ac:for> is the <ac:foreach> equivalent but using the macro way.

The difference between <ac:for> and <ac:foreach> is that the latter creates a
new project instance for each iteration which requires additional resources. So the prefered
way is using <ac:for>.
But <ac:foreach> works with Ant before 1.6, so if you have that .... (i recommend updating
Ant to 1.8 ;)

Jan