ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Genter" <rgen...@silverlink.com>
Subject RE: filelist to support selections as per the fileset
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:13:00 GMT

Hi Raja,

I understand perfectly well the difference between a list and a set. You don't seem to understand
that <filelist> is used to specify files that don't exist. A wildcard makes no sense
in that scenario. ANT uses <fileset> for existing files and <filelist> for potentially
nonexistent files; the functionality you are asking for amounts to an ordering of <fileset>.
<filelist> is intended for something else and what you are asking for CAN NOT BE IMPLEMENTED
given <filelist>'s semantics. I wish you could understand that.

--
Rick Genter
Principal Software Engineer

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information,
and may only be used by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this
e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message
and delete this e-mail immediately