ant-user mailing list archives

From "Barry Pape" <bp...@netspend.com>
Subject Property File load issue
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:08:20 GMT
Hello All,

I have a user experiencing a frustrating issue with our ant + ivy
integration.  The issue really has nothing to do with ivy except the
properties it needs are not loaded by ant.  For some reason, on a single
desktop (that I know of) ant is not loading
${user.home}/build.properties.  This setup works fine from various other
desktops and servers.  From our build.xml, the property load task is:

  <property file="${user.home}/build.properties"/>

Which is the second property definition in the build.xml, the first
being:

  <property environment="env" />

I have verified that the file exists in C:\Documents and
Settings\<username> and that ${user.home} resolves correctly to
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>.  I added echoes for the properties
that are set in ${user.home}/build.properties and none of them get set.
We tried hard coding the path, going up one level (C:\Documents and
Settings) with the path hard coded, and recreating the build.properties
file in ${user.home}, but none of these worked.  Running using verbose,
ant indicates that C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\build.properties
does not exist (which it does).  I don't see anything out of the
ordinary as far as extra spaces in the path or a carriage return that
would affect locating the file.

We are using ant 1.7, jdk 1.6.0_16, and Windows XP.

So far, I have not found a solution via google L

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Barry

Confidentiality Notice! This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other writings
are confidential and are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) identified above. This
message may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure under applicable law. If the receiver of this information is not the intended recipient,
or the employee, or agent responsible for delivering the information to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any use, reading, dissemination, distribution, copying or storage
of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error,
please notify the sender by return email and delete the electronic transmission, including
all attachments from your system.