ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Shea <m...@nitido.com>
Subject Re: AW: Ant project name description passed to Java file during compilation or Jar process?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:33:23 GMT
I believe that the question is about accessing this property from a java
program (compiled to a jar) that was built using ant, rather than from
an ant build script - however your link, Jan
(http://ant.apache.org/manual/properties.html#built-in-props ), is still
relevant.

Some work needs to be done to accomplish this - it's not just something
that ant will "do for you" automatically. I think that what should be
done here is that the "ant.project.name" property should be written into
the MANIFEST.MF file of the jar (via  ant's jar task), and then
retrieved at runtime in the java program via
java.util.jar.Manifest.getAttributes().

Relevant links:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/jar.html
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/jar/Manifest.html