ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Calling CYGWIN from ANT via EXEC
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:32:59 GMT
Eric Fetzer wrote:
> It's actually much easier to use CYGWIN from Ant than stated in the documentation with
the <exec> task.  Here is an example of using Ant to run a shell script via CYGWIN (be
sure the shell script is formatted for unix):
>                    <exec executable="c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe">
>                      <arg value="--login"/>
>                      <arg value="-c"/>
>                      <arg value="/cygdrive/c/BuildDeployScripts/scp_files.sh ${scp.keyfile}
${fileToSCP} ${scp.user} ${scp.remote.host} ${scp.target.dir}"/>
>                    </exec>
> Note that all arguments to the script in this case must be on the same <arg> as
the script file or they won't show up as args to the script, but rather, args to bash.  I
haven't figured out how to send an argument with spaces in it, but I'm sure you Ant guru's
could tell me.  Any help there?  I tried 'myScript.sh "argument with spaces" arg2', but that
didn't work.  CYGWIN wants spaces escaped.

> Thanks,
> Eric

I would have 2 suggestions for you :

- make a wrapper bash script to work around the issue of argument with
spaces, maybe write the arguments to a file that cygwin bash can source like

arg1=something
arg2=bla

- or get cygwin and scripting out of the equation and reimplement
completely in ant what scp_files.sh does, if it is not too complicated.
The name suggests that you could use the scp task of ant.

Regards,

Antoine