ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Property File load issue
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:26:07 GMT
Hello Barry,

did you make sure that ${user.home} resolves on the problematic desktop
as "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]".

I have had frustrating cases when running CruiseControl as a service on
a Win32 box that ${user.home} was resolving to something unexpected.

I think Java looks up one's desktop directory from the registry, and
assumes that the home directory is the parent directory of the desktop
directory.

If everything else fails, try to start ant with a
-Duser.home="C:\Documents and Settings\JohnDoe"

Regards,

Antoine

Barry Pape wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> I have a user experiencing a frustrating issue with our ant + ivy
> integration.  The issue really has nothing to do with ivy except the
> properties it needs are not loaded by ant.  For some reason, on a single
> desktop (that I know of) ant is not loading
> ${user.home}/build.properties.  This setup works fine from various other
> desktops and servers.  From our build.xml, the property load task is:
>
>   <property file="${user.home}/build.properties"/>
>

> Which is the second property definition in the build.xml, the first
> being:
>
>   <property environment="env" />
>

> I have verified that the file exists in C:\Documents and
> Settings\<username> and that ${user.home} resolves correctly to
> C:\Documents and Settings\<username>.  I added echoes for the properties
> that are set in ${user.home}/build.properties and none of them get set.
> We tried hard coding the path, going up one level (C:\Documents and
> Settings) with the path hard coded, and recreating the build.properties
> file in ${user.home}, but none of these worked.  Running using verbose,
> ant indicates that C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\build.properties
> does not exist (which it does).  I don't see anything out of the
> ordinary as far as extra spaces in the path or a carriage return that
> would affect locating the file.
>

> We are using ant 1.7, jdk 1.6.0_16, and Windows XP.
>

> So far, I have not found a solution via google L
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Barry
>
> Confidentiality Notice! This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other
writings are confidential and are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) identified
above. This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure under applicable law. If the receiver of this information is not
the intended recipient, or the employee, or agent responsible for delivering the information
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, reading, dissemination, distribution,
copying or storage of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information
in error, please notify the sender by return email and delete the electronic transmission,
including all attachments from your system.