ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From garyh6 <ghirschh...@fetch.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.8 problems with Eclipse
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:59:46 GMT

I found a workaround.  The specific problem we had seemed to be because we
were importing common build.xml files into our project-specific build files,
but the import was having problems when it is the first line in our
project-specific build file.  

However, if I put a property task before the import, it seems to work fine. 
I am guessing this much force some initialization that wasn't occurring with
only the <import>.  I have no idea why this same issue doesn't happen in
either command line with Ant 1.8, or with Eclipse using Ant 1.7.

Here are two build files that demonstrate the problem.  Commenting out the
dummy assignment allows it to work fine with Eclipse/Ant 1.8:

<project name="master" basedir=".">
<!--  <property name='dummyAssignmentThatMakesImportWorkInEclipseWithAnt18'
value=''/>  -->
  <import file="common.xml"/>
  <target name="masterTarget" depends="commonTarget">
    <echo>Entering master.masterTarget</echo>
  </target>
</project>


<project name="common" basedir=".">
  <target name="masterTarget" depends="commonTarget">
    <echo>Entering common.commonTarget</echo>
  </target>
</project>

-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Ant-1.8-problems-with-Eclipse-tp28224770p28235538.html
Sent from the Ant - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org


Mime
View raw message