ant-user mailing list archives

From Raja Nagendra Kumar <Nagendra.R...@tejasoft.com>
Subject RE: filelist to support selections as per the fileset
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:37:25 GMT

>I understand perfectly well the difference between a list and a set. You
don't seem to understand that <filelist> is used to specify files that don't
exist.

Rick, could you pl. let me know where <filelist> could of best use,
specially when the file does not exist. I am not saying there are no use..
but this way it has a limited usage... as u are saying.. this is the way it
was scoped to..

>CAN NOT BE IMPLEMENTED given <filelist>'s semantics.

Sure.. I don't think we both can go so far.. I was only trying to discuss my
thoughts only to get the broader view. I know how ant adds new features..

>I wish you could understand that.

No other option.. :)

B.T.W are u aware of any implementation of <orderedfileset>.. My quick
search only says it was discussed many times.. but does not seem to have any
yet.

Regards,
Nagendra