ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: javac output when using ant?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:18:20 GMT
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM, litarena <patrick_mackeown@msn.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion, but -d isn't giving me the java compiler error.
> ant's output advises:
>
> There was an error while running line 143 of build.xml see java compiler
> output for details.

Hmmm... I use Java and Ant, and I get the full error printing out when
I run ant. You might want to look at your settings of your <javac>
task and make sure you aren't killing the output somehow.

Are you watching the screen and seeing the errors, but the errors
aren't in your log? In that case, Ant might be sending the errors to
STDERR instead of STDOUT.

If you have a Unix box, you need to do the following:

    $ ant > logfile.txt 2>&1

That will put both STDERR and STDOUT into the file logfile.txt.

If you are on Windows, you need to do the following:

C:\> ant >& logfile.txt

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com