ant-user mailing list archives

From christoph.groth...@isr.de
Subject Re: Error message while using ant-contrib.jar - "taskdef A class needed by class net.sf.antcontrib.platform.ShellScriptTask cannot be found: ExecTask"
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 07:09:35 GMT
> P.S. I have already tried the following:
>
> 1) copying ant-contrib.jar in the \apache-ant-1.8.0\lib folder
>
> 2) removing the namespace xmlns:ac="antlib:net.sf.antcontrib" and
> specifying "for" instead of "ac:for"
>
> 3) specifying the complete path for "resource" in the "typedef" tag.

Hello Ritu,

have you already tried to explicitly define the classpath where the
ant-contrib.jar can be found? And could you try to give the path to
"net/sf/antcontrib/antlib.xml" without the leading slash?

For me, the following works fine:

<taskdef uri="antlib:net.sf.contrib"
resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antlib.xml">
        <classpath>
                <fileset dir="lib" includes="ant-contrib-1.0b3.jar" />
        </classpath>
</taskdef>

Regards
Christoph