ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject delete task question
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:40:36 GMT
I am trying to use the <delete> task to delete files AND directories.  I have turned
on the includeemptydirs and am explicitly specifying a nested <fileset> instead of relying
on the implicit one created by <delete> tag itself.  My question is about includeemptydirs.
 It doesn't seem to work properly.  Depending on what order the fileset iterates through the
files/directories, you will get different behavior.  In order for everything to work, it would
need to iterate from the leaf on up through its parents so that a parent that WILL be empty
is deleted instead of being blocked because it still has a child directory which WILL be deleted
later on during the iteration.  Is <delete> smart enough to iterate from the leaves
on up?  If not, what is?

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.