ant-user mailing list archives

From "Murray, Mike" <...@ptc.com>
Subject Loading Groovy TaskDef/ScriptDef in Sub Builds
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:02:21 GMT
I have not been able to upgrade past Groovy 1.5.8, due to massive memory
issues.  I've identified the exact scenario that cause problems, but I
don't know if it is a bug, or what the solution is.

The <groovy> task can be used as long as the taskdef is done once, or
the taskdef uses loaderref when done in a loop.  But, if the loop calls
a sub project, (eg antcall) the loaderref attribute does not help.

The <scriptdef language="groovy"> task seems to have the exact same
behavior as the <groovy> task.

The <script language="groovy"> task cannot be used in a loop, since
there is no way to separate the script execution from the groovy
task/script definition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

PS - Attached is the script I used for diagnosing this.  It uses
AntContrib to loop.  It can run as follows:

       ant -f GroovyMem.xml -Diterations=100 -D3rdparty_libdir=
\3rdPartyJars\lib