ant-user mailing list archives

From "Murray, Mike" <...@ptc.com>
Subject 1.8 Performance Degradation
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 15:59:08 GMT
Has anyone else noticed a degradation with 1.8.0?

I noticed a target that took 34 minutes to run with 1.7.1, now takes 68
minutes.  This target iterates through 600 or 700 Ant projects and runs
the init target on each.  I'm having trouble pinpointing where it is,
but it seems to be in the project startup.  Running init on an
individual project takes significantly longer with 1.8.   The second
time init, which does little more than determine nothing needs to be
done also takes longer.

            1.7.1       1.8.0

init 1      2 secs      7 secs

init 2      1 secs      4 secs

A detailed comparison of verbose output doesn't show any additional
steps being run, so one or more of the existing steps has slowed for
some reason.  If anyone has any insights, please let me know.  This
small difference is resulting in a full build taking 3 or 4 hours more
with 1.8.0.

Thanks, Mike