ant-user mailing list archives

From Rob Tanner <rtan...@linfield.edu>
Subject Can I edit web.xml from an ANT script
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:52:11 GMT
Hi,

I¹m starting to build applications using the Google Web Toolkit (GWT) in
Eclipse.  When moved to the production server, web.xml needs to have a
security-constraint so as to require SSL, but in development, GWT¹s hosted
mode doesn¹t understand the security-constraint.  The GWT compile does not
produce a warfile so I produce it myself  using jar, but I¹m having to
manually add the security-constraint so that web.xml in the warfile has the
constraint but the copy that hosted mode uses does not.

Obviously I can use ANT to build the warfile, but can I get ANT to add the
security-constaint, perhaps replacing a comment line such as <!-- security
constraint --> with the actual XML?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Tanner