ant-user mailing list archives

From Lynne` Ready <vlre...@msn.com>
Subject error details missing on javac failure - only stack trace shows
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 01:02:36 GMT

All,

I have searched the manual, web, bug archive and have not found an answer to this issue.
It has manifested in two projects.  Both projects are on Linux.  The first uses java 1.5,
ant 1.6.5 and the second uses java 1.6, ant 1.7.1.  Both take advantage of many build files,
including some that overlap projects.  The issue is manifesting in one of these "well-exercised",
overlapping build files.

When I run ant and the build fails on a javac task, the stack trace is output and instructs,
"see the compiler output for details", but the error details are not output, leaving me with
no guidance on the actual error.  -verbose, -debug, and logging to a file have no affect on
this.  The issue disappeared just as unexpectedly as it came and has now returned again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469226/direct/01/