ant-user mailing list archives

From jhoomshar...@netscape.net
Subject Re: p4edit does not assign files to newly created changelist
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:13:52 GMT

OK This is being resolved by using P4Reopen

-----Original Message-----
From: jhoomsharabi@netscape.net
To: user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Mon, Mar 29, 2010 3:19 pm
Subject: p4edit does not assign files to newly created changelist

s there a way that I can avoid this problem with Perforce task

an't change from change 84623 - use 'reopen'

ow how this issue comes

 already create a p.change in one of the target and assigned files to this
ewly created changelist now I want to create another p.change in next target
nd assign files to this newly created changelist but when I try to do this I
et the error:

an't change from change 84623 - use 'reopen'
an't change from change 84623 - use 'reopen'
an't change from change 84623 - use 'reopen'

lthough next target creates new changelist but p4edit is unable to assign the
iles to newly created changelist (84624) hence files does not get open for
dit.

an anyone give me solution on this or any workaround or this is how p4edit is
eing expected to behave or need to create a enhancement in perforce task at
NT's bug tracking system.

ny help in this regard is highly appreciated.