ant-user mailing list archives

From Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Client Deployer
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 06:06:34 GMT
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Antoine Levy Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If you want to start/stop tomcat using a script on a remote server, maybe
>> you need to use the <sshexec/> task,
>> assuming you have a ssh server on the remote server.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Antoine
>
> Thanks Antoine :)

Hi,

We face issues whenever we deploy application using tomcat manager we
used to face the situation where new
changes were not reflected. On stopping, cleaning work folder and
starting tomcat again application used to get deployed properly. But
to restart and clean we need to ssh again on the machine where we want
to deploy defeating our main purpose.

Also one more issue we have faced is we are not able to locate the new
war file where Tomcat manager has deployed it

We need to have a tool that does the following on specified remote hosts

1. stop the tomcat
2. back up the existing war
3. remove existing wars and folders and copy the new war
4. start the tomcat again

Are the above steps possible using ant or is there a better and
efficient way to do it ?

Please suggest/guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Kaushal