ant-user mailing list archives

From "Maurer Philipp" <philipp.mau...@rheinmetall-ad.com>
Subject Ant Environment
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:18:13 GMT
Hello,

I'd like to make ant modify my current shell environment on Windows
maschines.

Example:

I'd like something like an 'ant set' (target 'set') that sets some
'foo=bar'. Calling that target should have the same effect than calling
'set foo=bar'.

I tried some stuff: calling python scripts, generating and executing
batch files, using setx, using cmd /C set.

I think this is a more general problem and I think it is not possible at
all (maybe someone could confirm this):

All processes are forked or run in a separate shell and so in a separate
environment. Changing this environment does not affect the environment
from which I'm calling ant.

Any ideas ? Windows-System calls ? Python calls ?

Thanks,

Philipp