ant-user mailing list archives

From "St. Denis, David" <>
Subject RE: Rename a dir
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:26:18 GMT
Is this not what you are looking for?

  <move todir="new/dir/to/move/to">
    <fileset dir="src/dir"/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Knuplesch, Juergen []
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 2:04 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: AW: Rename a dir

Thanks Antoine,

The ANT docu says:

Since Ant 1.6.3, the file attribute may be used to move (rename) an entire directory. If tofile
denotes an existing file, or there is a directory by the same name in todir, the action will

So my code seems to be correct.

I think todir will move the first dir inside the second dir and this is not a rename.

So the question remains: How to rename a dir with ANT 1.7.1 and Windows XP?

Does anyone know?
Maybe I have a look in the code....

Greetings Juergen

Jürgen Knuplesch
icon Systemhaus GmbH                Tel. +49 711 806098-275
Sophienstraße 40
D-70178 Stuttgart                   Fax. +49 711 806098-299

Geschäftsführer: Uwe Seltmann
HRB Stuttgart 17655
USt-IdNr.: DE 811944121