ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chakravarthy, Srikanth" <Srikanth.Chakravar...@misys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Client Deployer
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 10:13:53 GMT
Hi,

Have you configured your tomcat-users.xml? The role (manager) and the
entries for the userid and password should be present in it.

Regards,
Srikanth
-----Original Message-----
From: Kaushal Shriyan [mailto:kaushalshriyan@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 11:47 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat Client Deployer

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Antoine Levy Lambert <antoine@gmx.de>
wrote:
>> Hello Kaushal,
>>
>> If you have a specific problem concerning tomcat deployments, even if
you do
>> these deployments with ant, you might get more answers on the tomcat
users
>> list.
>>
>> I guess that the URL in your deployer.properties should point to a
server
>> that exists really, not
>>
>> url=http://example:8080/manager
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Antoine
>>

>> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am referring to
>>> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/deployer-howto.html for
>>> deploying the same war on multiple tomcat server.
>>> I have downloaded apache-tomcat-5.5.27-deployer.tar.gz and extracted
>>> it. I have added deployer.properties under
>>> /usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.27-deployer
>>>
>>> The deployer.properties are as below :-
>>>
>>> deployer.properties
>>>
>>> ################################################
>>> build=/usr/local/test/build
>>> webapp=config
>>> path=/config
>>> url=http://example:8080/manager
>>> username=tomcat
>>> password=tomcat
>>> ################################################
>>>
>>> ant -Durl=http:/some.other.host:8080/manager
>>>
>>> Am i missing any thing ?
>>>
>>> Please suggest/guide.
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>>
>>> Kaushal

> Hi,
>
> Can i restart tomcat server using Ant ?
>
> Please suggest/guide.
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Kaushal

Hi,

I have added the below entries in build.xml file. I need to restart
tomcat on the remote server.

<!-- stop Tomcat target -->
<target name="stop-tomcat">
     <exec dir="/usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.27/bin/"
executable="shutdown.sh" />
</target>
<!-- start Tomcat target -->
<target name="start-tomcat">
     <exec dir="/usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.27/bin/"
executable="startup.sh" />
</target>

I am not able to restart tomcat on the remote server. Please guide.

Thanks,

Kaushal

"Misys" is the trade name for Misys plc (registered in England and Wales). Registration Number:
01360027. Registered office: One Kingdom Street, London W2 6BL, United Kingdom. For a list
of Misys group operating companies please go to http://www.misys.com/corp/About_Us/misys_operating_companies.html.
This email and any attachments have been scanned for known viruses using multiple scanners.
This email message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be privileged and/or confidential.
If you are not the named recipient of this email please notify us immediately and do not copy
it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. This email does
not constitute the commencement of legal relations between you and Misys plc. Please refer
to the executed contract between you and the relevant member of the Misys group for the identity
of the contracting party with which you are dealing.