ant-user mailing list archives

From Nik Trevallyn-Jones <...@babel.homelinux.net>
Subject Re: <availible> broken in 1.8?
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 01:33:06 GMT
Hi Peter,

Firstly, thanks for your pointer - and you are correct.
I *had* copied the ivy jar into Ant 1.7 but not 1.8 (I thought I had
copied it into neither).

Secondly, I couldn't see why the <taskdef> element should not do as I
expected.
I took the <typedef> definition from the Ivy documentation, and
confirmed it against the Ant documentation

After quite some trial and error, it turns out that the problem isn't
with the <typedef> element, but the <available> element.

So, in case this helps anyone else:
Apparently, even though the <typedef> correctly adds the ivy types to
Ant so they can be used anywhere in the project file, they aren't added
in a way that <available> will find by default. So adding a
classpathref="ivy.lib.path" to the <available> element got it working.

So the modified <available> element becomes:

<available classname="org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyConfigure"
          property="ivy.present" classpathref="ivy.lib.path" />

Thanks all again for the pointers.

Cheers!
Nik