ant-user mailing list archives

From Robert Kirkpatrick <rob...@eridan.net>
Subject Re: AW: http request handling
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:24:36 GMT
I initially submitted my use case to the antForm guys - see the spec and
discussion in attachment.

An ant-embedded http server looks to me as a natural extension to the
ant-contrib AntServer task.

Of course the purpose is not to play the role of a classical Web server,
but well to drive a build process via a http monitoring client.
So the http inbound requests should IMO be handled by some ant target
with form input values assigned to ant properties.
 >From the build process side, this is very similar to command-line
properties, but from the user/client point of view, it is very different.

In this use case, the server would startup and shutdown together with
the build process, replying to the monitoring console requests working
as an exclusive client. So it should not wait for incoming requests
during execution of  the top-level targets.
One could conceive a wider scope: serving multiple simultaneous clients
for independent builds, then a separate http listener would be required!
but this is far off my needs.

I don't know Hudson, I will check.

Robert.