ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat Client Deployer
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 13:11:56 GMT
Hello Kaushal,

the easiest is to install ant on the remote host and kick off ant
remotely, maybe from another ant process.

ant can do all what you want (backing up, copying, deleting, ...). Just
open the manual.

Maybe develop/test your deployment script on the server where tomcat is
running first.

When you get it to do what you want, start invoking it remotely.

If the remote invocation is from ant, you can do it using the <sshexec/>
task.

If you need to pass parameters to the deployment scripts running on the
tomcat host, then use -D on the command line

for instance you can do something like

<sshexec host="tomcat.host" .... command=". ~/.profile; /opt/ant/bin/ant
-f deploy.xml -Dtomcat.warfile=/tmp/abc.war"/>

(complete the password or identity file attributes of sshexec as
appropriate).

Regards,

Antoine