ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Detect command line properties
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 21:59:28 GMT
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Shawn Castrianni
<Shawn.Castrianni@halliburton.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to tell the difference between ant properties specified by the user on
the command line versus those that come from property files are or hardcoded in the build.xml?
 I have an ant build that execs to another ant build (I use exec instead of <ant> or
other similar tasks because I have special setup in my custom bat/sh scripts that invoke ant)
and I would like the command line properties specified by the user to be forwarded to the
child ant build that I exec.  If I can detect them, then I can modify my exec command line
to include them.

<ant> supports a nested <propertyset builtin="commandline">, which
sounds like what you want (gets the User Properties), but <exec>
doesn't; so close ;)

OTOH, since you are exec'ing Ant, and Ant accepts a -propertyfile, if
you write a little task that can write a property set as a properties
file, you'd be all set I think.

You could also modify <exec> to take a <propertyset> with some
formatting rules (-D%name%=%value% in your case) to convert the
properties to command line arguments I guess. --DD