ant-user mailing list archives

From Remko Tronçon <>
Subject Re: JAXP & Classloading
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2010 11:24:37 GMT

> When I run the foo task, I get the following error:
>   javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider FooTask not found

I looked a bit further into this problem, and found out that it's
probably related to the classpath with which the task is run.

During the task's execution, a class is dynamically loaded using
Class.forName(). This class is in the classpath specified when doing
the <taskdef/>, but it's not in Ant's classpath. I assume that this
means that, when Ant executes the task, it is using its own classpath,
and that's why my script fails.

It sounds like a common problem. How can I make my task reference
classes dynamically that are not on Ant's classpath?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message