ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Uncab task?
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 11:06:15 GMT
On 2010-02-04, <Issac.Goldstand@ad-gency.com> wrote:

> Is there an uncab task for ant?

None that I was aware of.

> I could execute cabarc myself but that seems so... messy

Hide the <exec> in a <macrodef> to feel better ;-)

> I figured it'd be really easy to figure out how to write a task if I
> downloaded the source, if I used cab.java and unpack.java as
> reference,

It probably wouldn't be that easy since the Unpack tasks and friends are
based on real Java libraries for the formats while the cab task is not
much more than a wrapper above exec that knows how to invoke cabarc on
Windows or listcab on other platforms.

A wrapper over cabarc for uncab wouldn't be too difficult if "extract
everything" is all you need.  But as soon as you start adding "extract
only files that match ..." or "extract only files that are newer than
the ones I have in my file system" or other subtelities it may become
more difficult.

Honstly I don't know either cabarc nor listcab well enough to know which
command line options I'd have at hand.  I'm not even sure listcab is
available today anymore.

Stefan