ant-user mailing list archives

From "Barry Pape" <bp...@netspend.com>
Subject Exec Connection Not Closing
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 00:00:15 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I seem to have an issue with an exec task not closing the ssh connection
it opens.  Basically we use CruiseControl and Ant to build and deploy
our code.  In the CruiseControl build.xml I have an ant task that ssh's
to a remote server and starts a shell script.  Once the script completes
CruiseControl continues along its merry way...until recently.  Now at
seemingly random times, one of these ssh connections will not close thus
causing CruiseControl to hang.  If I kill the process, CruiseControl
continues like normal.

The ant task is:

                <exec executable="ssh" logError="true">

                        <arg line="${remote.host} ${sudo.cmd} -u
${username} /usr/local/qa/deploy_build.sh ${deploy.param}" />

                </exec>

This had been working fine for the past year.  Now we are having issues.
It started when we migrated to a new build server.  It has a more recent
OS (solaris 2.10 instead of 2.9).

I tried adding the timeout attribute to the exec task, but all that
seemed to do was hide the stuck process.

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Barry

Confidentiality Notice! This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other writings
are confidential and are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) identified above. This
message may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure under applicable law. If the receiver of this information is not the intended recipient,
or the employee, or agent responsible for delivering the information to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any use, reading, dissemination, distribution, copying or storage
of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error,
please notify the sender by return email and delete the electronic transmission, including
all attachments from your system.