ant-user mailing list archives

From Tim Andrianoff <...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject Conditional Path
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 18:12:44 GMT
I'm using a build.xml file that has the following <path> in it:

  <path id="compile.classpath">
    <pathelement location="${basedir}"/>

    <fileset dir="${basedir}/lib" >
      <include name="*.jar" />
    </fileset>

    <!-- Include all elements that Tomcat exposes to applications -->
    <pathelement location="${catalina.home}/common/classes"/>
    <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/common/endorsed">
      <include name="*.jar"/>
    </fileset>
    <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/common/lib">
      <include name="*.jar"/>
    </fileset>
    <pathelement location="${catalina.home}/shared/classes"/>
    <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/shared/lib">
      <include name="*.jar"/>
    </fileset>
  </path>

This only works for tomcat 1.5 and below, I think, which have the "common"
and "shared" folders in the tomcat root directory (tomcat 1.6 and up have a
"lib" folder only under the tomcat root).  This build.xml needs to be used
by people running old and new Tomcat versions, so I want to be able to check
for these directories, and only include them if they are present (otherwise
the ant script doesn't work), and otherwise run the equivalent of:

<path id="compile.classpath">
    <pathelement location="${basedir}"/>

    <fileset dir="${basedir}/lib" >
      <include name="*.jar" />
    </fileset>

    <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/lib">
      <include name="*.jar"/>
    </fileset>
  </path>

But I'm having no luck accomplishing this.  Is this possible? If so, how?
If this makes no sense to try and do, what am I missing and how should I
accomplish this?

Thanks.