ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Exec Connection Not Closing
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 22:36:18 GMT
Barry Pape wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>

> I seem to have an issue with an exec task not closing the ssh connection
> it opens.  Basically we use CruiseControl and Ant to build and deploy
> our code.  In the CruiseControl build.xml I have an ant task that ssh's
> to a remote server and starts a shell script.  Once the script completes
> CruiseControl continues along its merry way...until recently.  Now at
> seemingly random times, one of these ssh connections will not close thus
> causing CruiseControl to hang.  If I kill the process, CruiseControl
> continues like normal.

I am using CruiseControl and never saw CruiseControl hanging because a
build is hanging. However if CruiseControl is configured with only
one thread, only one build can run at one time.
> The ant task is:
>
>                 <exec executable="ssh" logError="true">
>
>                         <arg line="${remote.host} ${sudo.cmd} -u
> ${username} /usr/local/qa/deploy_build.sh ${deploy.param}" />
>
>                 </exec>

You could use the <sshexec/> ant task instead which is shipping with
ant, and requires jsch.
Maybe the underlying problem is that sudo is now configured to request a
password ? or your remote user is expired ?
You should try to run this ssh command by hand to see what is wrong.

> This had been working fine for the past year.  Now we are having issues.
> It started when we migrated to a new build server.  It has a more recent
> OS (solaris 2.10 instead of 2.9).
>

> I tried adding the timeout attribute to the exec task, but all that
> seemed to do was hide the stuck process.
>

> Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!
>

> Thanks,
>
> Barry

Regards,

Antoine