ant-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Martin <pjlmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AntForm project
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:20:14 GMT
Hello,

The basic idea is to have a user interface to set ant properties values.
For that, you can use a set of widget to set string, file, date or
number properties.

Task declaration should look like:
<taskdef resource="com/sardak/antform/taskdefs.properties"
classpath="${antform.home}/lib/antform.jar"/>

A usage example would be:
<antform title="String or Regexp Searcher" save="settings.properties"
loop="true">
	<fileselectionproperty property="base.dir" label="Base directory" />
	<textproperty property="includes" label="Include patterns" />
	<textproperty property="excludes" label="Exclude patterns" />
	<booleanproperty property="case.sensitive" label="Case sensitive file name" />
	<textproperty property="string" label="String (or regexp) to look for" />
	<controlbar>
		<button type="ok" target="search-string" label="Find String" />
		<button type="ok" target="search-regexp" label="Find Regexp" />
		<button type="cancel" label="Exit" loopexit="true" />
	</controlbar>
</antform>

When your script reaches this task, it displays a UI asking you for
some settings (which are stored in a property file for future
reference if needed). From this example, you can call 2 different
target (depending on the OK button you press) or cancel and continue
your script.

Rgds,

Patrick

2010/2/15 Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com>

> Good Evening Patrick-
>
> Could you provide a brief explanation of the capabilities of this project and how we
can implement Antform in a Ant Task?