ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Repko" <brianre...@fastmail.us>
Subject Re: AW: Nested import task problem / anttask problem
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:15:37 GMT

Just want to correct this...

The execution of Ant is always

1. parse
2. execute-implicit-targets (which includes the include/import)

When the import target is executed, it uses the same ProjectHelper
but not the same Handlers.  And the Project information is the same.
It calls parse on that handler, which increases the import stack.

Not sure how import and ProjectHelper for a specific build file
would work - that sounds ugly - but the documentation states that
import/include will only work with ProjectHelper2 so that's fine.

These files work (via command line) with Ant 1.8.

Brian

----- Original message -----
From: "Brian Repko" <brianrepko@fastmail.us>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 07:03:11 -0600
Subject: Re: AW: Nested import task problem / anttask problem

I'm in the process of fixing a similar bug related to imports
and extensionOf/extension-point.

The import mechanism creates a ProjectHelper for each import
and the ProjectHelper holds the list of targets so that the
design of Ant import looks to be that you can only depend on
targets "below" you and not in the importing xml.

I'm not sure if that is the intended design of import or if
that is considered a bug...I'm going to look at 1.7.1 and
see how import worked there.  It might be a few days to get
back to this but just wanted to communicate that...

Brian