ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <fileset> with refid to support further narrowing
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 15:44:49 GMT
In theory you could rebuild the fileset from the restrict
resourcecollection, given that you presumably know the original
basedir used to create the fileset.  A rough outline would be along
the lines of:

<property name="foo.dir" location="foo" />
<fileset id="allfoo" dir="${foo.dir}" />

<restrict id="onlyjavafoo">
   <resources refid="fs" />
   <name name="**/*.java" />
</restrict>

<fail message="No java resources found" />
   <condition>
     <resourcecount refid="onlyjavafoo" count="0" />
   </condition>
</fail>

<pathconvert refid="onlyjavafoo" property="javafooincludes" pathsep=",">
   <globmapper from="${foo.dir}/*" to="*" handledirsep="true" />
</pathconvert>

<fileset id="javafoofs" dir="${foo.dir}" includes="$
{javafooincludes}" />

Something along these lines ought to do it in this limited case.

HTH,
Matt

On Feb 3, 2010, at 7:29 AM, Raja Nagendra Kumar wrote:

> Is it possible to convert the restricted files into new fileset
> with xyz id.
>
> We need fileset, because the task we are using supports only
> fileset as
> nested element.
>
> Regards,
> Nagendra
>

> Raja Nagendra Kumar wrote:
>>
>> Stefan.. You are our ready reference of what ever I think ant
>> could/should
>> provide/be..
>>
>> Thank you once again.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nagendra
>>
>> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>>> Yes, see the <restrict> resource collection (and the <name>
>>> selectors).
>>>
>>> <restrict>
>>>   <fileset refid="src.select.patterns"/>
>>>   <name name="**/*ApplicationManager.java"/>
>>> </restrict>

to combine