ant-user mailing list archives

From Vinayak <>
Subject Update manifest in existing jars with additional attributes
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:00:08 GMT

I have a need to build a target that updates/adds the manifest of jar files
with additional attributes (perhaps replace if it's already present).

If I use a jar task, with 'update="true"' and an inline manifest element
containing the property I want to add, and no files specified, what is it
likely to do?
Would this do exactly what I want, or would it replace the entire manifest,
or replace the jar with no files, or something else?

I want to be able to iterate over list of jar files specified and update
their manifest file with the additional attributes.
Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.