ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I think the answer to this question is no
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:18:13 GMT
On 2010-01-19, Mitch Gitman <mgitman@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that, since the project knows all its listeners to notify
> them of an event, it wouldn't be so hard to add a method to query all
> the listeners for their log level and then return the max of that. The
> build listeners would also need a getter for their log level.

Note that in order to do that you are going to change interfaces that
are implemented by third parties (there are quite a few BuildListener
implementations out there) who won't be happy if ther code stops
working.

In the past we've added new interfaces when we added functionality -
like we did for SubBuildListener - in this case using reflection in
order to look for a getLevel method or similar may be more appropriate
than changing the interface.  Just thinking out loud as well 8-)

Stefan