ant-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I think the answer to this question is no
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:49:32 GMT
Thanks, Dominique. You stated this quite clearly.

It seems that, since the project knows all its listeners to notify them of
an event, it wouldn't be so hard to add a method to query all the listeners
for their log level and then return the max of that. The build listeners
would also need a getter for their log level. I will allow that, by this
time, you're having to do a certain amount of work to spare yourself some
other work. And I'll also allow that the work you're being spared is
typically a negligible burden.

There's one other matter I want to investigate when it comes to logging. I
may want my Ant task to consume some component that wasn't written for Ant,
so it doesn't have a handle on the Project or a ProjectComponent to log
anything. Perhaps it uses log4j. I'd like to see to what extent Ant's
logging can coordinate with and control the Ant-agnostic logging.

Not a question so much as thinking out loud.