ant-user mailing list archives

From Alex Foreman <Alexander.Fore...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Ant 1.8.0RC1 released
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:30:40 GMT
Many thanks for this, looks like some really good improvements whcih
will make my life much easier :)

Is there a Roadmap with planned releases available?
E.G. have we any idea how long before 1.8.0 final will be out?

I can find the bug list but no rough release dates or if there are
going to be more than one RC, which would be good information to know
as I work in build infrastructure and have timelines for projects
built on the top of ant.

Many thanks,

2010/1/12 Antoine Levy Lambert <antoine@gmx.de>:
> Hi,
>
> Apache Ant 1.8.0RC1 is now available for download.
>
> The most important changes are :
>
>   * a new top level element extension-point allows build files to be
> extended with custom targets more easily
>   * if and unless attributes will be evaluated according to the values of
> the properties entered if these properties evaluate to true, false, on, off
>   * Ant now requires Java 1.4 or later
>   * new task include provides an alternative to <import> that should be
> preferred when you don't want to override any targets
>   * numerous bug fixes and improvements as documented in Bugzilla and in
> WHATSNEW
>

> Regards,
>
> Antoine

Alex Foreman