ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: ant log/output vs. unless/if on a target
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:10:47 GMT
Hello,

The workaround is to use antconribs <if> task to do what "if/unless" does.

Greetings Juergen

--
J├╝rgen
-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Thomas Menzel [mailto:tmenzel@brox.de]
Gesendet: Montag, 18. Januar 2010 12:34
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: ant log/output vs. unless/if on a target

Hi,

Maybe I just don't know enough and this already works, but it would be really great if ant
would tell by default that a target isn't executed because of an if/unless.

I just stumbled over this when I wanted to turn a target off that I'm calling with <antcall>
and was wondering and debugging why the target was still executed since it showed up in the
log. (the target produces no log-output itself).

I first had the idea that mentioning of the target should be suppressed completely but I 2nd
that thought since it is good to know the dependency graph, so I'm settling for a hint that
the target isn't executed.

Suggestions:

<tareget-name>: (target skipped) // this is the normal version
<tareget-name>: (skipped due to [if failed] [unless succeeded])  // this is the verbose
version

Any opinions on that?

---
tom