ant-user mailing list archives

From Ziggy <zigg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filesets
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:55:22 GMT
Hi thanks for your response. I think i understood most of them except for a
few that still confuse me.
In all your examples you refered to "files" but not directories. Did you
mean files and directories?

could you check the examples below and let me know if i got it right

>exclude name="**/pages"/>
>Takes all files from any subdir called "pages" but no subdir of pages

YES
a/b/c/pages/1.txt
d/e/pages/1.txt

NO
a/b/c/pages/r

><exclude name="**/pages/**"/>
>Takes all files from any subdir called "pages" but and all files of subdirs
of pages

YES
a/b/c/pages/1.txt
a/c/pages/2.txt
a/c/pages/4.txt
a/b/pages/d/a/3.txt
a/b/pages/d/4.txt
a/g/h/pages/f/4.txt

NO
a/b/b
c/d/c

><exclude name="pages/**"/>
>takes all files of subdirs of pages

Is this the same as above? what would have been the difference if the
pattern was pages/* or **/pages/* instead of pages/**

><exclude name="**/pages**"/>
>Takes all files that filenam starts with pages
I understood this one.

><exclude name="**/pages/>
>Syntax error because second " is missing

if there was the second ", would it have picked any files from any
subdirectory called pages in any directory?

><exclude name="*/pages" /> (second " added)
>Takes all files from a subdir called "pages", that is one dir deep
(xxx/pages but not xxx/xxx/pages) but no subdir of pages

I thought * is meant for files only?

><exclude name="*/pages/*"> (second " added)
>Takes all subdirs of depth 1 from a subdir pages that is depth 1
(xx/pages/xx, but not xx/pages/xx/xx )
I actually thought that this meant it would take any file that is in the
pages directory.

Thanks