ant-user mailing list archives

From Rez P <pon...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Reading environment variables in ant script directly
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 18:45:13 GMT

I'm not sure if there're any other reasons but to me it's very obvious so one can distinguish

${HOMEPATH} vs. ${env.HOMEPATH} as they're clearly 2 different animals, if you will.  How
else Ant would know what you mean and how're you magically going to reference the system environment
w/o "env."?

Even if there was a way to comment out <property environment="env"/>, it's no savings
in memory or uncluttering your scripts!

Sorry, I really don't know if there's any other way to refer to system environment values,
maybe someone else does?