ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: build.xml file scanning
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:00:17 GMT
Ant is looking for a "build.xml" in the current directory.
With -f you could specify a buildfile to use.
-find will search for a "build.xml" - from the current directory up to the root directory.

Searching from a directory deeper in the filesystem wouldnt be helpful.
If you only have a A/B/C/build.xml this could be done.
But what if your depth is 25 instead of 3 and your width-per-node is 20 instead of 1 (subdirectories
per directory)?
The search would take too long and maybe you'll find another buildfile earlier ...

Jan