ant-user mailing list archives

From Francis GALIEGUE <...@one2team.com>
Subject Recording tasks output while silencing stdout
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 09:54:44 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have a system which works OK, but now I want to go a step further
and record the output to log files but silence stdout. In fact, I want
to obtain something like the KBuild output which just outputs some
things like:

CC somefile.o
CC someotherfile.o
LINK libsomething.o

ant -emacs hides the [taskname], which is good. But I cannot obtain
the tasks themselves to go silent, which I don't want. I know how to
record the output using the <record> task. I know I could also use
<exec> and record the output, but I'd like to avoid that...

I can already silence <cvs> with reallyquiet=true, but I cannot
silence any other tasks. Here is an example of what I'd like to
silence:

    <target name="copy-sources" depends="download">
        <mkdir dir="${flat.sources}"/>
        <for list="${modulelist}" param="module">
            <sequential>
                <if>
                    <available file="${cvsdir}/@{module}/src" type="dir"/>
                    <then>
                        <copy todir="${flat.sources}" includeemptydirs="false">
                            <fileset dir="${cvsdir}/@{module}/src"
                                    includes="**/*.java"/>
                        </copy>
                    </then>
                </if>
            </sequential>
        </for>
    </target>

<record> won't help, since while it will record in a file, it will
also echo to stdout...

Any hints?

--

Francis Galiegue