ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <>
Subject Re: What was the ANT Command Line?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:35:19 GMT
You can usually capture the STDOUT of a terminal in any software.
However, for what you want to do, get Hudson as a build server, and
use it. Hudson will help make sure you're executing the same build,
and it records every step of the process. For example:

Started by upstream project "ADS-" build number 37
At revision 57844
no change for
since the previous build
[adapter] $ ant -Dclient.version=
-Dversion=1.6-D-$BUILD_NUMBER clean deploy junit
Buildfile: build.xml

   [delete] Deleting directory

The above is taken directly from my build process. You can see the
revision of Subversion used (57844) and the entire Ant command line
(ant -Dclient.version= -Dversion=1.6-D-$BUILD_NUMBER
clean deploy junit). It even tells you why it is building (There was a
change in job ADS-, and this was kicked off after Build #37 was

Hudson can be setup to trigger a build automatically on a source code
change, at particular times, by another process, or manually. It can
label your source code, move your built files to your build server,
run tests, etc.