ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What was the ANT Command Line?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:35:19 GMT
You can usually capture the STDOUT of a terminal in any software.
However, for what you want to do, get Hudson as a build server, and
use it. Hudson will help make sure you're executing the same build,
and it records every step of the process. For example:

Started by upstream project "ADS-5.3.2.1" build number 37
Updating http://subversion.solbright.com/dev/modules/adapter/trunk
At revision 57844
no change for http://subversion.solbright.com/dev/modules/adapter/trunk
since the previous build
[adapter] $ ant -Dclient.version=5.3.2.1-SNAPSHOT
-Dversion=1.6-D-$BUILD_NUMBER clean deploy junit
Buildfile: build.xml

clean:
   [delete] Deleting directory
/solbright/home/hudson/workspace/ADAPTER-1.6/adapter/target

The above is taken directly from my build process. You can see the
revision of Subversion used (57844) and the entire Ant command line
(ant -Dclient.version=5.3.2.1-SNAPSHOT -Dversion=1.6-D-$BUILD_NUMBER
clean deploy junit). It even tells you why it is building (There was a
change in job ADS-5.3.2.1, and this was kicked off after Build #37 was
done).

Hudson can be setup to trigger a build automatically on a source code
change, at particular times, by another process, or manually. It can
label your source code, move your built files to your build server,
run tests, etc.

See http://hudson.dev.java.net/.

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 4:56 PM, xjschwen <xjschwen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a new requirement that I am trying to fill in build scripts.
>
> One of the our release engineers would like to know and have written to the
> recorded log file what was the ANT command and called targets that were
> given to ANT.
>
> Ideally I would like to do this without creating a wrapper around the call
> to ant.
>
> Is there a way without creating the wrapper script?
>
> The basic idea would be to read the log file and get an exact command that
> was executed in creating the log.  This is to help verify that we can
> replicate any build at any time.
>

> --

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com