ant-user mailing list archives

From "Wray, Nathan" <Nathan.W...@compuware.com>
Subject RE: Running parallel targets in Ant loop
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:02:59 GMT
Harry, put the parallel inside the sequential.  They aren't a pair where
you would choose one or the other.  The sequential task has hooks that
let the loop structure set the variable for you.  Inside sequential, you
can access idx as @{idx} rather than the more usual ${idx}

<sequential>
	<parallel/>
</sequential>

From: Harry_ [mailto:harjitworks@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:46 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Running parallel targets in Ant loop

Hi,

I need to run multiple target in Ant's loop. How can I achieve this. I
am
able to make antcall in sequential way as described below.

    <target name="run">
    		<for begin="1" end="2"  param="idx">
     	   <sequential>
	           <antcall target="run-test">

	            </antcall>
	 	   </sequential>
     	 </for>
    </target>

But I need to do performance testing where i need to call multiple
targets
with various values of idx.  If I change sequential to parallel, i get
following error:

C:\Eclipse3.1\eclipse\Workspace\AntProject\d6\build.xml:53: Invalid type
class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Parallel used in For task, it does
not
have a public iterator method

Is there any way to achieve what I desire. i.e running parallel targets
with
different value of idx (As sometime I had to run multiple targets
sometime
up to 30).