ant-user mailing list archives

From "Wray, Nathan" <Nathan.W...@compuware.com>
Subject RE: Creating a fileset from a list of filenames
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 18:33:20 GMT
Hi David,

It has to do with the procedures I'm trying to piggyback onto.  The ant
target creates some required code review documentation.  The goal is to
have the ant target fail, rather than having the commit fail as you
typically would with a pre-commit hook script (or a report as you might
with a post-commit hook script).  We're using Hudson as well, but again,
it doesn't help me run checkstyle at the point that I need to run it.

Nathan

From: David Weintraub [mailto:qazwart@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 12:34 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Creating a fileset from a list of filenames

Just curious: Why are you using Ant for this?

Why not have a post-commit script that runs the check on these files?

Or, even better, use Hudson which is a continuous build system. It'll
automatically run your build everytime someone does a Subversion
checkin.
Plus, it has a CheckStyle plugin which easily find the new files, run
against them, and report back.

Hudson: <https://hudson.dev.java.net/>
CheckStyle Plugin for Hudson: <
http://wiki.hudson-ci.org//display/HUDSON/Checkstyle+Plugin>

By the way, if you are able to get your files into a path, you can use
the
AntContrib  <for> or <foreach> tasks to parse through this list and run
checkstyle on each of these.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com