ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Any process to use ANt scripts for automated build.
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 14:24:13 GMT
Others have said that - use a CI tool.

The build tool (e.g. Ant) is resonsible for creating artefacts (*.class, *.jar) from source
code (*.java).
The Continous Integration tool (CI tool) is responsible for observing the scm system and triggering
the build tool.

The CI tool has a built in scheduler which checks the scm and triggers the build if required.

Popular CI tools are Hudson and CruiseControl. But there are many more - free, open source
and commercial.

Jan