ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: boolean expressions in if/unless conditions
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 04:54:10 GMT
On 2009-10-31, Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castrianni@halliburton.com> wrote:

> Usually the response to this request is to use the condition task and
> preprocess a complex Boolean expression condition into a single
> property to set.  This is fine, but sometimes it is more efficient to
> just want to put the expression right in the if/unless condition
> itself.

This is why things have changed in svn trunk and will allow if="false"
to do what you'd expect.

> I would like to propose that ANT include JEP 2.4.1 jar into the ANT
> distribution.  JEP 2.4.1 is the last known version of this very handy
> mathematical expression parser/evaluator that was open source and
> GPL'ed.

The GPL is incompatible with the Apache Software License.  It would
probably be easy to write a PropertyEvaluator (using Ant 1.8's property
mechanisms) backed by it, but such an evaluator can not be provided by
the Ant project.

Stefan